Whether you are adding video to email, to print-to-mobile efforts via QR Code or augmented reality, or to direct mail using An embedded video screen, video has become one of the hottest ways to communicate with your audience.
According to data collected by HubSpot:
- 51.9% of marketing professionals name video as the type of content with the best ROI.
- Shoppers who view video are 1.8 times more likely to make a purchase than people who did not view video.
- Using the word “video” in an email subject line boosts open rates by 19% and click-through rates by 65%.
Here are three tips for adding video to your next campaign:
1. Tell a story. People relate to stories more than facts and figures. They also tend to remember stories longer. This is why Liberty Mutual uses the storyline “You loved [your car] Brad—and then you totaled him” to talk about the company’s better car replacement and why the Allstate “Mayhem” commercials have millions of views on YouTube. Find a way to use video to tell your story.
2. Keep it short. People love and relate to video, but they also have short attention spans. Experts say to keep your video between 1-2 minutes at most.
3. Use social media. Use social media to promote your video and multiply its reach. Target Marketing recently suggested tweeting out your finished video, posting a production shot of the video on Instagram, and posting teaser clips on your Facebook page.Need help? Talk to us about incorporating video into your next multichannel campaign
Please give us a call at 440-946-0606
Or visit our website here for more information.